Senior bodies are not all the same! Physical abilities can vary widely from one person to another, and even from day to day. This DVD has 3 complete yoga practices to meet the varying needs of people over 70. Level 1 (26 minutes) is done all seated in a chair, and emphasizes gentle movements to improve strength, range-of-motion, joint health, and posture, and works the body as fully as possible while sitting in a chair. Level 2 (40 minutes) alternates sitting in a chair, with standing alongside and holding onto a chair for stability. Level 2 works on developing strength and flexibility evenly throughout the entire body, and includes many easy movements to improve balance and increase foot, ankle and leg strength. Level 3 (55 minutes) also alternates sitting in a chair with standing, but is an overall stronger and longer practice than level 2, with more time spent on the standing and balancing poses. Level 3 is broken down into 6 shorter segments for greater choice. The goal of this DVD is to help seniors live fuller, more independent lives. Special emphasis is placed on working the muscles and joints most needed in everyday life and to prevent falls. All 3 practices emphasize good posture, full deep breathing, and end with a short relaxation and meditation for a more alert and relaxed body and mind. Filmed in the beautiful Bibler Gardens. Designed and taught by Jane Adams, RYT 500, a yoga practitioner since 1976 who specializes in yoga for healthy ageing.
- 3 complete practices to meet the varying needs and abilities of seniors
- Improve strength, flexibiilty, balance, range of motion, joint health and overall well-being
- Filmed in the beautiful flower gardens of the Bibler Mansion
- Emphasis is on working the muscles and joints most needed in everyday life
- Safe and effective, with easy-to-follow instructions and demonstrations