• Provides a comprehensive review of what Alzheimer's disease is, how it is diagnosed, and its expected progression.
• Offers practical advice for the day-to-day obstacles a caregiver might face during each stage of the disease.
• Offers suggestions for the caregiver in preventing caregiver burnout.
• Provides an interesting review of current Alzheimer's research and the aggresive commitment of researcher to combat this dreaded disease
• The book ends with three humorous true stories about Alzheimer's patients.
The book is written by Dr. Sally Willard Burbank, an internist with over thirty years of experience with dementia patients, and Sue Pace Bell, a seasoned caregiver who nursed her mother and husband--both Alzheimer's patients--until their deaths. We have also included the collective advice from other caregivers and the staff of Abe's Garden, a premier memory care center in Nashville.